Thursday, November 28, 2013

D.I.Y all the time! Mosaic paint chip swirl

D.I.Y all the time!

Mosaic paint chip swirl






So it's Thanksgiving and i am stuck at work until 4. Yay me! :/ Thought it be a perfect time to get another D.I.Y up. Anyone else working today?

The supplies you will need are -5 470A Behr paint chips -5 490B Behr paint chips -5 520A Behr paint chips -5 570A Behr paint chips -Black cardboard poster - Pencil - Glue -Scissors

 Cut the paint chips in all different shapes and sizes.
 Organize the paint chips by color this will help you when starting to glue them on the poster board.
 I drew the swirls on a white board to show how the swirls are drawn on the board. I did this because when i tried to take a picture of the black board it was hard to see the lines I drew. Basically, to draw the swirls begin at the middle of the poster and draw a sharp curved line to the edge of the poster. . Two colors will be going into one swirl making 8 swirls that need to be drawn.
 Begin gluing on the paint chips in an ombre pattern. Start with the lightest color, two colors should be glued in one swirl.
 Should begin to start looking like this, very pointy in the middle and spread out as you glue. Continue the same process until the entire poster board is covered. This does take some time i am not going to lie.


No comments:

Post a Comment