Monday, January 6, 2014

D.I.Y all the time! Heart stitched knitted sweater

D.I.Y all the time!

Heart stitched knitted sweater





I just want to start off by apologizing to you for not posting and new D.I.Ys for the past two weeks. With the holidays going on it was a hectic time with family coming to visit and being able to spend time with everyone. Again i am sorry and next time,l when i will not be posting a new blogs i will post a quick blog let you know.

Supplies:
- Knitted sweater
- Felt
- Yarn
- Sewing Needle
- Marker



 Grab an old knitted sweater. Or you may buy an inexpensive one at the Thrift Store if you do not have one.

 Cut out One big heart and Two small hearts from a piece of paper. The Big heart will go on the middle of the sweater and the two small hearts will go on the elbows. Take a sheet of Felt. I am using a basic red piece of felt. I know i only have one small heart here. Place the hearts on felt and trace the hearts with a marker.
 Cut out the hearts.
 The best way to get an accurate placement of where you want your hearts to be is put on the sweater and pin down the hearts with a pin. Take off sweater carefully trying not to poke yourself with the pins.
 Begin to sew on the hearts. What i was going for here was trying to NOT get perfect stitches. I didn't want perfect straight stitches i think it looks better. In doing so if you mess up that is basically what you're going for.
 DONE!!!


I just started an Instagram account just based on my D.I.Ys. Where i will let you know when there is a new blog up. The accounts name to find me is             d_i_yallthetime

No comments:

Post a Comment